We came home on Friday with out a baby. The never heard from the mom again. We are doing well. We know that God has complete control and he is the one who has provided this situation. He knows what we are able to do and he won't give us anything we can't handle. We are sad, don't get me wrong. We really wish we had a baby. We have cried and held each other, but we have dusted our selves off and are continueing on the journey of life. We know that someday we will get our baby.
We are taking this time to finish working on things we wanted to get done before. We are waiting on the agency to call again about a new birthmom. God has given us more time to be with each other and to enjoy this time together. We are very thankful for what God has given us, even if wasn't exactly what we wanted at this time.
A journey through the life and events of no ordinary family.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
sad day
well..we got a call earlier this morning, the mom has decided to keep the baby. she is going to let it go to foster care and hope that her mom can get custody. I don't really know what will happen because both of the birthmom's parents & most of her family have criminal records. So unless the mom can prove herself when she gets out of prison, this little one will be in foster care for the rest of her life.
I am more hurt and sad for the baby, than I am for myself. i just fell for the little girl & the life she will live. the mom still has 3 days & could change her mind. We are not expecting it at all!
I am more hurt and sad for the baby, than I am for myself. i just fell for the little girl & the life she will live. the mom still has 3 days & could change her mind. We are not expecting it at all!
The Baby Is Here
Well.. she is now apart of this great big world. This little girl was born Jan. 20th @ 4:30 pm. She was 7lbs, 5oz. I am not sure how long. She has a full head of dark hair. I got to hold her in the delivery for about 20 minutes. It wasn't as hard as I originally thought. We are still waiting on the mom, our social worker will be meeting with her and hopefully she will sign the temporary custody papers.
We will be going up again later today. hopefully we will be able to get a wrist band so we can hold and spend time with the baby. I will update you all after we hear from the social worker and are back from the hospital.
We will be going up again later today. hopefully we will be able to get a wrist band so we can hold and spend time with the baby. I will update you all after we hear from the social worker and are back from the hospital.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
no news
Still no news about the baby. We are still here waiting to be called. We know that it will happen sometime next week. We don't know what day thought. We were told probably middle to end. But no one really knows for sure.
This is really tough.. especially since I didn't have school Thursday or Friday. I have been at home just waiting for a call. We did find out that it will be in the morning & they will get the mom registered and everything before they even call us. Because of this we don't know if we will make it to the hospital in time for delivery. I am still hesitant to be in the delivery room. The mom has told our social worker all the logical reason why she need to give this baby up. And there is no logical reason to actually keep it, but our mom doesn't always run on logic. She is a very emotional girl and hormones make it worse.
My biggest fear is that we will take time off to go to the hospital, spend time with the baby and not come home with it. I don't know what I would do if that happened. I would probably shut myself up in my house for a couple days, and not want to talk to anyone.
Justin doesn't get a lot of time off from work, so this could be all they give him. We are expecting it to take a total of 5 days to get all the papers signed. Of course this all depends on when the baby is born. It could take longer.
Please pray that the mom has the courage to go through with this adoption. Of course if this is God's will. Also pray that we get the finances we need to cover the final payment. It is a large sum of money due the same day the baby comes home. We have one more option and if this one doesn't work we don't know how God will provide the money, but we know he will.
This is really tough.. especially since I didn't have school Thursday or Friday. I have been at home just waiting for a call. We did find out that it will be in the morning & they will get the mom registered and everything before they even call us. Because of this we don't know if we will make it to the hospital in time for delivery. I am still hesitant to be in the delivery room. The mom has told our social worker all the logical reason why she need to give this baby up. And there is no logical reason to actually keep it, but our mom doesn't always run on logic. She is a very emotional girl and hormones make it worse.
My biggest fear is that we will take time off to go to the hospital, spend time with the baby and not come home with it. I don't know what I would do if that happened. I would probably shut myself up in my house for a couple days, and not want to talk to anyone.
Justin doesn't get a lot of time off from work, so this could be all they give him. We are expecting it to take a total of 5 days to get all the papers signed. Of course this all depends on when the baby is born. It could take longer.
Please pray that the mom has the courage to go through with this adoption. Of course if this is God's will. Also pray that we get the finances we need to cover the final payment. It is a large sum of money due the same day the baby comes home. We have one more option and if this one doesn't work we don't know how God will provide the money, but we know he will.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
our baby
We have heard about the baby. Our birthmom made a decision on Tuesday to go through with the adoption. We are extremely excited, but also in panic mode :) We have so much to do to get everything ready. We are working on the baby's room and starting to get things straighted up for when we bring the baby home. By the way it is a little girl. We don't have a name yet, still going through different names. We have about 4 first names, but the middle name is just a mystery. I guess we will have to wait to see this little girl before we really decide.
Our mom is scheduled to have a c-section sometime between the 15th & 20th of this month. Her actual due date is the 30th, but a c-section takes place around 10 days before. I am hoping she will wait until the 17th so I can finish school and enjoy the students for the last couple days! We will not know she is going into the hospital until the day of. They will call us that morning.
I will keep everyone up to date even when we are over with the baby!
Our mom is scheduled to have a c-section sometime between the 15th & 20th of this month. Her actual due date is the 30th, but a c-section takes place around 10 days before. I am hoping she will wait until the 17th so I can finish school and enjoy the students for the last couple days! We will not know she is going into the hospital until the day of. They will call us that morning.
I will keep everyone up to date even when we are over with the baby!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
New Year
Its a new year, the past years go by so fast. It seems like just yesterday we started 2008. So much happened in 2008 for me, but I am excited to see what will happen in 2009.
We are still waiting for that little one that God has planned for us to come into our lives, maybe it will be this year. The birthmom we are currently working with is set to have a c-section in two weeks. She is still very unsure what she wants to do. This is hard for us, because we cannot be looked at by other moms until she has completely made her decision. I know it is a hard decision to make, but it seems as if she is not taking into consideration our feelings either. I have prayed that God would just close this door before we get too much farther into the month if this is not the baby he wants for us.
We went out and bought some clothes, and other baby items we thought we would need when the baby comes home. Yesterday, we received a letter from the birthmom, she told us that she is still not sure what she wants to do. she told us we could come to the hospital to visit if we wanted. I don't plan on going to the hospital unless I know for sure that I will be bringing this baby home. I don't want to sound mean or rude, but I have emotions too and I don't want to let them run wild and get all crazy seeing a baby, thinking we can bring it home, then we don't.
I have said that if this one doesn't work, I will probably not be interested in trying it again until we know that mom is 100% sure she is giving the baby up. I know with out God's help I can't handle this again. I don't think it should be this hard or this crazy. the situation our birthmom is in, it should be a no brainer.. do something to help the baby, not yourself.
I am really frustrated with the whole government system and how things work. So many people out there want to adopt, those that are unable to have babies and we are the ones who go through so many emotions. I know the birthmom's do too, but we are the ones who are waiting on a decision that we have no say in. This decision will change our lives no matter what the outcome is.
We are still waiting for that little one that God has planned for us to come into our lives, maybe it will be this year. The birthmom we are currently working with is set to have a c-section in two weeks. She is still very unsure what she wants to do. This is hard for us, because we cannot be looked at by other moms until she has completely made her decision. I know it is a hard decision to make, but it seems as if she is not taking into consideration our feelings either. I have prayed that God would just close this door before we get too much farther into the month if this is not the baby he wants for us.
We went out and bought some clothes, and other baby items we thought we would need when the baby comes home. Yesterday, we received a letter from the birthmom, she told us that she is still not sure what she wants to do. she told us we could come to the hospital to visit if we wanted. I don't plan on going to the hospital unless I know for sure that I will be bringing this baby home. I don't want to sound mean or rude, but I have emotions too and I don't want to let them run wild and get all crazy seeing a baby, thinking we can bring it home, then we don't.
I have said that if this one doesn't work, I will probably not be interested in trying it again until we know that mom is 100% sure she is giving the baby up. I know with out God's help I can't handle this again. I don't think it should be this hard or this crazy. the situation our birthmom is in, it should be a no brainer.. do something to help the baby, not yourself.
I am really frustrated with the whole government system and how things work. So many people out there want to adopt, those that are unable to have babies and we are the ones who go through so many emotions. I know the birthmom's do too, but we are the ones who are waiting on a decision that we have no say in. This decision will change our lives no matter what the outcome is.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)