Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No baby

We came home on Friday with out a baby. The never heard from the mom again. We are doing well. We know that God has complete control and he is the one who has provided this situation. He knows what we are able to do and he won't give us anything we can't handle. We are sad, don't get me wrong. We really wish we had a baby. We have cried and held each other, but we have dusted our selves off and are continueing on the journey of life. We know that someday we will get our baby.

We are taking this time to finish working on things we wanted to get done before. We are waiting on the agency to call again about a new birthmom. God has given us more time to be with each other and to enjoy this time together. We are very thankful for what God has given us, even if wasn't exactly what we wanted at this time.

5 comments:

  1. Your words are very encouraging, so thankful to hear your hope, thru Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I wish i could reach through the computer and give you a big hug right now. We will continue to lift you and Justin (and your future baby!) up in prayer and trust in God's perfect timing. I'm touched by the work He is doing in both your hearts . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. your faith inspires me...we will continue praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori~
    You don't know me, but I have been lurking for quite some time. My heart aches for what you are going through. My husband and I are unable to have bio children and just completed the adoption of two children from Russia this past July. I can hardly wait to finally read on your blog that you are parents!!! Keep the faith. God will bless you with a child. Try to thoroughly enjoy spending time with your husband....it changes when you have children in your home!!!!
    If you ever need to chat with someone who has been there, contact Michelle Benedict. She has my e-mail address and can share it with you!
    God's richest blessings to you~
    Jody Garber
    P.S. We live in the Greenville area, and I assume that you do, too?! I don't have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the enoucouragement everyone! I am very blessed to have all of you in my life and the love you give!

    ReplyDelete