Thursday, January 8, 2009

our baby

We have heard about the baby. Our birthmom made a decision on Tuesday to go through with the adoption. We are extremely excited, but also in panic mode :) We have so much to do to get everything ready. We are working on the baby's room and starting to get things straighted up for when we bring the baby home. By the way it is a little girl. We don't have a name yet, still going through different names. We have about 4 first names, but the middle name is just a mystery. I guess we will have to wait to see this little girl before we really decide.

Our mom is scheduled to have a c-section sometime between the 15th & 20th of this month. Her actual due date is the 30th, but a c-section takes place around 10 days before. I am hoping she will wait until the 17th so I can finish school and enjoy the students for the last couple days! We will not know she is going into the hospital until the day of. They will call us that morning.

I will keep everyone up to date even when we are over with the baby!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year

Its a new year, the past years go by so fast. It seems like just yesterday we started 2008. So much happened in 2008 for me, but I am excited to see what will happen in 2009.

We are still waiting for that little one that God has planned for us to come into our lives, maybe it will be this year. The birthmom we are currently working with is set to have a c-section in two weeks. She is still very unsure what she wants to do. This is hard for us, because we cannot be looked at by other moms until she has completely made her decision. I know it is a hard decision to make, but it seems as if she is not taking into consideration our feelings either. I have prayed that God would just close this door before we get too much farther into the month if this is not the baby he wants for us.

We went out and bought some clothes, and other baby items we thought we would need when the baby comes home. Yesterday, we received a letter from the birthmom, she told us that she is still not sure what she wants to do. she told us we could come to the hospital to visit if we wanted. I don't plan on going to the hospital unless I know for sure that I will be bringing this baby home. I don't want to sound mean or rude, but I have emotions too and I don't want to let them run wild and get all crazy seeing a baby, thinking we can bring it home, then we don't.

I have said that if this one doesn't work, I will probably not be interested in trying it again until we know that mom is 100% sure she is giving the baby up. I know with out God's help I can't handle this again. I don't think it should be this hard or this crazy. the situation our birthmom is in, it should be a no brainer.. do something to help the baby, not yourself.

I am really frustrated with the whole government system and how things work. So many people out there want to adopt, those that are unable to have babies and we are the ones who go through so many emotions. I know the birthmom's do too, but we are the ones who are waiting on a decision that we have no say in. This decision will change our lives no matter what the outcome is.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

I am sitting here in the aftermath of a wonderful family Christmas! I enjoyed all the time spent with family and the many gifts received. The best gift I have ever received was the gift of a savior!! The second best gift was my hubby, and a future gift will be my baby.

Life has been amazing the past 9 months. We are not physically pregnate, but paper pregnate. We are still waiting on our baby to be born. Our birthmom is still looking and planning on giving the baby up. So within a month we very easily could be parents to a little girl!

Our mom has been up and down. She has been all over the scale as to what she wants to do with this little one. She has finally told her boyfriend about the adoption and all the plans she is working on. She told him that she didn't feel they were ready to have a baby and when they were, God would provide another one for them.

We are excited, but also cautious. I don't want to get to the hospital and the mom completely change her mind. I am ready to bring a baby home. I am getting ready to work on the nursery and get everything put together, cleaned up and ready to go for when the baby does come.

We were given a couple baby gifts for Christmas from family members who are just as excited about everything as we are.

God is amazing and we are so happy to be a part of his wonderful family!!!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Info

Wow...it has been a while since I have written. So much has happened. We have meet with our birthmom 2 more times, one visit went well, the other not so good.

Our mom is very back and forth as to what she wants to do. She told us that 90% of the time she wants to give up the baby, but there are still many times when she wants to keep it. We really don't know what will happen. This is a very high risk adoption.

I am really tired of just waiting for someone else to make a decision that will affect my life forever. I don't know how many times I can do this.

One reason the mom is wanting to keep the baby now, is that she heard from her boyfriend who was asking about the baby, he also told her he got a job. She is very emotional and was crying a lot today while she was meeting with the social worker. The mom was actually referred to a counselor because she was so emotional.

The mom said that she doesn't want to hurt us, and she really likes us. I hope she understand that we will be hurt if we don't get the baby, but we know that God will provide when the time is right.