Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving is over & Christmas will be here and gone before we know it. As I make some delicious cookies for a  mom’s group cookie exchange tomorrow morning  I am enjoying some wonderful Christmas music. (I will confess I have been listening to it since before Thanksgiving.) I realize how much I enjoy this time of year. I am wishing we had snow instead of just coldness outside.

I have always been a fan of Christmas and this is our first Christmas in our new home. We have added another tree to our décor this year. We have a 12 foot tree that our stairs wrap around. I have really enjoyed walking up and down those stairs this season with the smell of cinnamon coming from the tree. 

Between the making of cookies, decorating, wrapping gifts, shopping and all the regular duties of a mom I try to take time to enjoy this Christmas season. Every year I want to get my shopping, baking and wrapping done early so I can enjoy this special time of the year, but never seem to just sit and enjoy. Why do we wait till Christmas to say we are going to sit and enjoy this time of year? Every season, month, week, day, and minute is special and we should always take time to just sit and listen to what God is telling us for that season in our lives.

God didn’t send his son to this earth so we could have one time a year to enjoy the life we have and the special times should not be limited to just the  Christmas season. God sent his one, only, and perfect son to this sin cursed world to save us from our sin that has taken over our lives. Jesus humbly obeyed his father’s will, he came as a baby born in a manger that one night many years ago. We have set aside December 25th to celebrate Jesus’ birth as a baby into this world. Don’t forget to take some time not only to enjoy the season,but remembering that Jesus is the reason for this season and without him we wouldn’t have a savior who can save you from your sins.

1 comment: