Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Love & Respect Experience by Dr. Emmerson Eggerichs

 

loverespect

I have been wanting to start doing devotions with my husband again and I thought this would be a great book to use. I know Dr. Eggerichs has also written Love & Respect and has marriage conferences. 

The book claims to be “a huband friendly devotional that wives truly love”. This book was not what I was looking for. As my husband and I began reading the devotional we really felt lost. We didn’t understand much of what was going on. Dr. Eggerichs talks about many things that are in his Love & Respect book and things that are covered in in conferences. As someone who has never read the book or been to the conference I  really didn’t know what he was talking about.

As for a husband friendly devotional, my husband hated this book. He couldn’t wait to stop reading this devotional and begin a different book. I don’t blame him this was not a book a devotional that this “wife truly loved”.

Dr. Eggerichs begins this book with and introduction to wives & husbands separately, then together.  There are 52 chapters and each chapter is a different devotional. Dr. Eggerichs touches on the crazy cycle, pink & blue, the 80:20 ratio, and much more. At the beginning of each devotion he has a bible verse that goes along with the days devotional. After reading the devotional there is a prayer section which gives you a guideline to us in praying the topic that was discussed. Then there is an action section to help apply what Dr. Eggerichs talked about in the devotional. In the back are 3-5 discussion questions for couples.

I would not recommend this devotional unless you have read the Love & Respect book or have been to a conference. This book was greatly disappointing and I did not take anything away from the devotions. I also disagreed with some of the material and the direction he took the devotional according to the verse that was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment