Friday, September 9, 2011

It Couldn't Just Happen by Lawrence O. Richards



It Couldn't Just Happen by Lawrence O Richards "Knowing the truth about God's awesome creation."

Rating: 3 stars

I didn't know much about the book when I began reading it. I wasn't quite sure I really wanted to read it. But once I got into the book it started to grow on me. "It Couldn't Just Happen" begins by digging right into explaining the universe and how our world, Earth, fits into the universe. Richards stated that "our universe is a cosmos, not a chaos." When reading that I know for sure the would didn't just happen, someone had to begin our universe and create everything with a fine hand. Since the earth is the only planet with life it is called the "Odd Planet" according to Richards.

Richards uses this book to explain the difference between Creation and Evolution. I know all about creation, but didn't know a whole lot about evolution. Richards also took me on a journey through the planets, as I read, I went to each planet and learned about the differences in our planet and the others. When looking at just evidence we can see the universe and the things in it didn't just happen, they had to be created.

In this book I realized that Evolution isn't just monkey turning into man, it is very scientific. Fossils are the only actual evidence the evolutionists can use to support their theory. Evolution states that anything living was developed from a single-celled organism that continued to be more and more complex.

This would be a great book for any Christian wanting to debate their teacher, professor, or friend about evolution. Richard lays out reasons why God actually created the universe and how it didn't just happen. When you look at each organism in depth or take time to just watch a sunset you can see God's handy work. I really don't understand how anyone can think it all just happened. At the end of each chapter Richards has put a section of "Just for Fun" there are about 5 different things you could do with your kids or just on your own to further your education in that chapter.

I recommend "It Couldn't Just Happen" for any homeschooling mom or anyone who is into learning more about the universe. I did find it a little hard to read at times. It is not a book for younger elementary children to understand. I am not into science or the why's of science, but anyone who is would enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment