During the past couple weeks I have been blessed many times by my little boy. He is growing up so quickly, but yet is learning so much. I am always reminded he watches what we do very closely and takes it to heart.
Titus is now in a big boy bed and for a while he would fall asleep on the floor and we would have to put him in his bed before we went to sleep. For a while we had a gate up so he wouldn't get out at night with out us knowing it. When I hurt my foot we took the gate down so I could get to Titus easier. The next morning we got a wake up call with a little boy by our bed talking to us. He has done that every morning since and I absolutely love it. No more gate!!
One night as I was putting Titus to bed, something he did not want to do, I decided to just lay down on the floor by his bed and rub his back to help him sleep. He wanted to lay on the floor with me, so we both cuddled up and I tried to get him to sleep. He then grabbed one of his many teddy bears and started cuddling it. Next thing I knew he was giving the bear kisses and big hugs, he always squeals when he gives big hugs. Then he started talking to the bear and kissing it some more. I just laid behind him and watched his personality shine. I loved seeing him do the same thing I do to him.
Then the next day Titus and I went down to my mom's and we ate supper while we were there. After mom got done praying for our meal, Titus bowed his head and said something only God could understand. Once he lifted his head he had a smile on his face. I was amazed at how quickly he learns. I thought it was AWESOME that my little boy is learning to pray at such a young age.
Yesterday, Titus became fussy and was wanting Justin to follow him, finally Justin realized Titus wanted to play. I love watching and hearing the 2 of them play together. I know Titus doesn't get to see his daddy much, but when he does they spend time and Titus is learning so much from Justin.
Last night as we sat down to eat supper and pray over our meal, Justin will hold my hand while praying so I held Titus's and we prayed. After we pray Justin always kisses my hand. Titus looked at me, said something, then grabbed my hand and kissed it just like daddy did. I was so blessed it brought me to tears. I didn't know what to say. I gave him a big hug and kiss and let him know how much that meant to me.
That is so sweet, Lori! We love it when the kiddos come in and wake us up by snuggling us in bed every once in a while. Sometimes I wish we could stop them from growing up!
ReplyDeleteYou're a good mom, Lori - it touches my heart to see how much you love and enjoy your little boy.
Charity