Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thoughts

I just read my sister-in-laws blog and it made me think about my life. She mentioned how she wants to begin this year by making sure she thinks about every little thing she does and how it will impact others or if it's a selfish thing. Since I am a follower of Jesus Christ and have placed my faith and trust in him as my personal savior, I want to expand on her thoughts.

I started thinking about how it can be a good thing to be an impact on others, but if we aren't telling them about Christ and what he did for them are we actually impacting them. This past year has brought many blessing into my life, I have made many new friends and have grown closer to old friends. Does all this matter to Christ, have I actually shown my new and old friends who Christ is to me and what he has done for me.

I completely believe that God has full control over my life and nothing I do can change that. I may try to control my life, but in then end nothing I do for my self will get me anywhere with Christ.

Ok so I really didn't expand on the thought like I wanted I know this is a lot of thoughts running together. I have noticed more and more that I am more selfish than I want to be. I love Titus and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but sometimes I just want my me time and when I'm home all day with Justin working, many times that is hard. I know I should really spend my time with Titus because little ones grow up so fast and before I know it he will be in college, getting married & having kids of his own.

My resolution is to spend more time with my family and pray against the selfishness of myself. Also I am trying to read through the Bible in a year. Tried it last year, but didn't do so well. Maybe my readers will help me keep up on it so that I will accomplish my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment