Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Small Wonders

I don't often get time to myself now with a little one. I am normally sleeping or cleaning while Titus is sleeping. I have decided to take some time today and write. Titus is now 3 weeks old.
Time goes so fast! He is sleeping mostly all night, he will get up once during the night for a feeding and change of diaper. It is so nice to get about 4 hours of sleep at a time.

He went to the doctor last week, he is almost 8 lbs. I can't believe how much he has grown since we brought him home 2 weeks ago. He is a little congested and the doctor gave me a home remedy to help, it has been for the most part. I thought we were going to have to take him to the ER on Sunday night. We got home from a long day at my parents and as I was getting Titus ready for bed he began to act as if he couldn't breathe. Finally he started crying, so I know he was breathing, and I was able to get some gunk out of his nose.

We had a baby shower for him with family on Saturday. He was passed around all over. My moms sisters from Tennessee came up, they did a round trip in one day. I am so glad they came. It was so nice to see them and they were able to see Titus. I was give a couple of sentimental things: one was a Traveling blanket--it was a blanket given to me then it was passed around from cousin to cousin whenever a new one was born and will continue on its journey. We are thinking about getting names embroydered on the blanket of who has had it and their birthdates. Then add the new ones as they come. I also received a little crocheted outfit that my grandmother, who has since past away, made for her great-grandkids. This is also to be passed from cousin to cousin. The last sentimental thing I received was from my parents....mom found a book called "The Christian Mother Goose Book". I had this book when I was young and mom found a new one for Titus. This is such a good time with family and friends. My sister-in-law Courtney did a wonderful job planning the games and prepareing the entire shower.

On Sunday.. Titus was on display again. First we got his pictures taken. They were so good. I will put the link up once they are online. Then we went to my parents again for an Open House for him. We wanted to make sure everyone who has prayed, financially helped, or just given advice for the adoption got to meet our special blessing. It was a good, but long day. He was passed from person to person again. He never seems to mind being passed around. Thank you to all who came and to those that gave a gift. We appreciate all you did and have done for us!

I am thinking I better get some things done. Titus will be up soon and I won't have time to do my personal things. I am looking forward to attending the mom's group at our church tomorrow. I am so excited to be a mom and now able to be involved in some of those programs for moms. I know life has changed. J & I don't spend as much time together, but we do take time once in awhile for ourselves. We are learning to spend what time we can together when Titus is sleeping. He is such a blessing and I thank God each and every day for him! If it was't for God and his perfect will and grace I know that Titus would not be as much of a blessing to us.

1 comment: