Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life Just Keeps Coming

You can see when you walk into our home that we have someone very special living with us now. We have been given an amazing amount of cards stating how excited and thrilled everyone is for us and our little boy! We have been graciously blessed by the many friends and family that have taken time out to stop by and see baby Titus or have sent a card. We have received many cards from family members and friends that live far away. It is amazing to see how God works in not only our own lives, but how one life can touch so many!

Amazingly.. things don't slow down when you add a baby to your life. I think they get even busier. Even though I'm at home all day, I tend to feel as if I get nothing done. We have always been busy, but life seems to keep getting busier. To those of you who are single, or married with no kids, enjoy the extra time you have to do the little things you want to do. I am not complaining at all, I absolutely love my little one. I do miss having those few moments to do the things I want to do; scrapbook, reading a book of my choice, watching movies during the day, and so much more. My life has changed so much. The saying "having a baby changes everything" is very true.

In the last couple weeks Titus has grown right before my eyes. He is now 1 month old, has been sleeping 5-6 hours a time during the night. He is staying away more during the day. Titus has learned how to hold his pacifier in with his hands, he has realized there is a mobile that moves above his bed. His improvements are just amazing. I enjoy seeing what God has in store for each day, what new things little Titus will learn. The best thing is that he is finally fitting into some of the clothes we have for him. They don't look as if he is swimming in them anymore.

We had our second home visit on Monday, everything went fine. The social worker that came was a new girl and we just answered her questions. Titus has been growing and we are all bonding, which of course is wonderful. At times I feel for Justin though, he works so much to take care of us, that he doesn't get to be home with Titus as much as he would like to be home. Plus with all the church activities we do, he doesn't spend too much time with him right now. I know Justin wants to be home with us, but since a baby brings a new mouth to feed and diapers to change, someone has to work.

Titus has been in a "hold me" mood the last couple days. I haven't been able to get too much done, by the time I put him down for a nap, get a shower and work all the tangles out of my hair he is ready for me to hold him again. I certainly don't mind holding him at all, I know this time will fly by and before long he will not want me to hold him. I am treasuring all these things in my heart.

I have some updated pictures, but I need to get them onto the computer. They will be coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. busier, huh? that was rather mild. a baby is ALL CONSUMING, woman :) and for YEARS that won't change. don't be afraid to ask for help if and when you simply get too exhausted and need a break. NO ONE will judge you, especially if they've had kids before. NO ONE. we ALL understand. people will rally around and help.

    glad to hear that you are loving being a mom, though.

    ReplyDelete