Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today we had our first doctor's appointment with baby Titus. I had to strip him down to his bareness, which he did NOT like. He got mad at the nurse and let loose...if you get my drift. :) I felt so bad for him. He was so cold. Titus has gained weight, grew 1/4 of an inch, and has a healthy cry. The doctor was very glad we have a healthy baby. So am I. According to all records he is doing well and very healthy.

Tomorrow my little baby has to go through a circumcision. We have to be at the hospital at 7am, which was normally feel very early, but now it is sleeping in. I feel bad for my little one and I don't want him to hurt too much. The dr. said that he will only cry for a while. At least he is young enough he won't remember it.


We also have our first post-placement home visit tomorrow. I am very nervous about this. I feel worried that I am not bonding enough and I am scared they will see my house & the fact that it isn't as clean as it was before. I know the reason for the post placement visits is to see how well we are doing with the baby. I am glad we only have to go through this for 6 months. I really don't want to go through it at all! I know its a must though.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, good luck with everything coming up girl!! I started work on your shower invites last night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they will understand if the home isn't spotless. Better to spend the time getting to know your little son, than to spend it keeping a spotless home.

    "Quiet down cobwebs,
    Dust ~go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby
    and babies don't keep."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about your house! We did too the first time that the social worker came for our first post placement and she didn't even look around. Be thankful that your post placements only last for six months....Russia requires them for three years!!!! So glad to see that you are now a mommy and that all is going well with baby Titus!!
    His blessings on your day...
    Jody Garber

    ReplyDelete