Saturday, November 22, 2008

We went to meet our birthmom on Wed. She is very sweet. We were all nervous and not sure what to expect. We spent about 45 minutes with her and we were able to talk and learn more about each other. The birthmom seemed to like us pretty well, we really liked her.. of course for more than one reason. We could tell this mom was really wanting to allow her baby to have a better life than she did & does. We felt this meeting went extremely well and we want to let you know that God is amazing.

With out giving out too much of the birthmom's story, she did say that she originally wanted to have an abortion, but was unable. To me, this was a God thing!! Nothing in this world is a coincidence. So she decided to carry the baby, she also originally wanted to keep the baby. She said that she doesn't want to take the baby home because of things going on in her life. She has 3 kids already at home that she needs to be a mom to, and give them the attention they need. She is still not completely committed to adoption, but I guess I would rather have a mom who wasn't completely committed & changed, then one that was completely committed and changed her mind.

Our agency has been telling us that this mom is risky because she isn't committed. They tell us that we shouldn't expect to get the baby and we shouldn't get our hopes up or get too excited.. YEA RIGHT! We serve a God who is able to do so much more than they can even imagine. I finally emailed them & told them that we understand nothing is for sure until all the signatures are signed. But we serve a God of hope and faith. I told them I would rather have faith and hope that we will be bringing this baby home, and be devastated if it does not work out than to not have any hope at all!!

I really feel this is the baby God has for us, He has made everything so smooth, and is showing us so much. I know that only God knows what will happen to this little one, but that is who I am trusting in, a God who knows all and sees all!!!!!!!!!

Please pray for this mom, she is still unsure about what to do, she did say she liked us and was really glad we were family orianted and went to church. She feels she is abandoning her baby and feels guilty that she wouldn't be able to take care of her baby. I could see God working in her life, wether it was for our benifit also or not. She is due in January and its a girl, so we have a couple months of waiting before we really know. She did want to meet with us again. Maybe we will be able to meet with her again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am and will be praying for you! Stay strong in the LORD and in His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is Good ! I will continue to pray. January will be here very soon ! I can not wait to see how God will be glorified in this situation .

    ReplyDelete