Wow.. I didn't realized how long it has been since I last posted a blog. I have been really busy.. I am currently substitute teaching for the local schools. This not only gives me a little something to do, extra $, but it helps me keep my mind of the waiting period. Yes, we are still waiting for a baby. We have not heard from anyone. Our agency said they don't really have any birthmom's and the one's that usually get already have a family when then begin with the agency. I wish I had asked more questions about all that before we paid them the money for the searching part of the adoption.
I wonder if we went to the right agency, if this was where God really wanted us to go, or if we (I) got in over my head and just wanted a baby so quick & bad that I didn't care where I went. I guess I will just have to wait. I am not patient when it comes to things that I really want. We have heard that a friend of ours who is unwed, is now pregnate. This really bugs me b/c I feel its not fair.. I know God says that life isn't fair, but we have been waiting for a baby, something we both feel God wants us to have, and this girl who is just having fun gets one.
I know this is not the best way to look at it, but I am having a hard time with this situation. I thought maybe she would want to give the baby up, but I don't think she will. Anyway.. its back to waiting. I know in my head that God will provide, but it is hard to believe it in my heart.
Pray that I begin to not let all this get in the way of my worshiping God and waiting for his perfect child for this family.
Oh Lori...I feel your frustration! It's been hard for me to watch my younger sister never be able to have her own children (and her husband is not interested in adopting) while I was able to have baby after baby. I don't understand, but I want you to know I will pray for you and Justin!
ReplyDeletePraying for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat grades are you subbing for? Maybe Rach will have you one of these days - she's at Woodland in 1st grade.
ReplyDeleteLori, you are on my heart often . . . I can't imagine how difficult the waiting must be. Know that you and Justin are in our prayers.
He is faithful......even when we don't understand why things happen the way they happen.
ReplyDelete