Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Adoption Update

I sent our homestudy to a couple of county agencies that have children avaliable for adoption. We received one of our homestudies back the county rejected it. They didn't say why. I guess because our information didn't match with who they were looking for in a parent. I am getting use to being rejected. It still hurts each time they turn us down, but its getting easier each time. I am still struggling with the waiting process. I know God has the right baby for us, but it's really hard to wait.

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty. I am confident God will answer your prayers. Be patient, and wait upon him. I will never tell you that I can understand what you are going thru, because all I ever wanted was to be a mom, and I am, but I know I would have been devastated, if for some reason , God did not have that for me.
    And as far as the mobile home thing, when Cleyo and I were first married, that was our first home. It was small, we raised our 1st two there for awhile, before buying a home. I don't have time to go into detail about my testimony, but know that, when I was little living with my mom, we were homeless, living in a car, with no food to eat, and a mom who had a mental illness, and a drug addiction. So, for me that mobile home was a blessing, and still to this day it holds a place in my heart. I will pray for you, I pray for now God will give you Peace as you wait on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can only imagine the waiting and the hoping and the let down must be, but my heart goes out to you.
    i don't want to give any cliche encouragement, but i'll be praying that God gives you comfort and trust in His timing, in spite of how inferior it may feel.
    you and justin will make excellent parents. you have plenty of room in your hearts, and that matters much more than the size of your home or your bank accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog! I'll have to go back and read from the beginning to catch up! Exciting road ahead--May God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think waiting for a child is one of the hardest things anyone can go through. We waited for 2 years and 3 months and have 2 more months before we met our little one. All I can say is to pray and fill your heart with God's word. He is the only one big enough. We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete