Thanks to God, we got our money for our homestudy. It is all in and we are going to be finishing up the paperwork this week. Well what we can fill out anyway! We still need to get background checks, physicals (calling the Dr. tomorrow), and our fire inspection done, but those are the big things in my opinion. I am thrilled that God has provided the money we have needed so far. I know he will continue to provide as he always does. I will say when I wrote out the check it was for the biggest amount I have ever written a check :)
We are also working on our training.. we need 24 hours of training before we can adopt. Because we are a distance away from our agency, they found us some classes we can take online. First we must read the information, then go back online & do a test. Once we pass the test they will create a certificate that we can print out. These classes consist of half of our total hours. YEA!!!!! I would love to be able to take all of them like this because for me its a whole lot easier, plus with Justin's schedule, its hard to get somewhere to take classes a couple times a week.
The classes we are currently taking;
Positive Dicipline
Lifebooks
Loss and Grief Experienced by Foster & Adoptive Children
Normal Growth & Development (currently working on this one)
So far the information has been the same thing over & over again.
Another wonderful happening is we have found someone to install our laminate flooring before we have any inspections done!! YEAH.. I have been waiting for this for like 4-5 months :) I will upload pictures once it is installed.
No comments:
Post a Comment