As of June 16, 2011 the Palmer's are homeowners. We moved into our home only hours after signing the papers. Justin wanted to sleep in his own house that night & since it was his birthday I said ok. Not that he had to twist my arm real tight to do it. All the extra room is nice and I love having more yard for Titus to play in. Things are slowly being unpacked and put into closets, dressers, cupboards, or the back yard. It's hard to believe how many boxes there are and how much more stuff needs to be unpacked. I have unpacked most of the important things and now I am just sorting through some odd and in boxes trying to decide if I want to keep or get rid of the items inside the boxes.
Life has begun to setting into more of a routine. Justin is in his second quarter of paramedic classes and that takes up a lot of time with all the homework, studying, and clinicals that need to be done. I am looking forward to the end of the year when he will be off for 3 weeks. It will be a nice break.
On July 4th we had a party, our first fling since the move and it was so much fun. loved having our friends & family over to enjoy food and fellowship. There were about 35 people here, half of which were kids, it didn't even seem like that many. Our yard is such a nice size and a great place to hang in the evening because of the shade.
The only room that has been redecorated and is completely finished is Titus' room. I found and bought large wall decals of Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Lightning McQueen, & Mater. My mom came over and painted his room for me. That is an amazing help. I am not a painter and not big on painting. Justin didn't really have the time, so mom said she would. Dad helped Justin put the decals on and Titus just loves his room. The finished project is below.
The following are just some random shots of the inside and yard.
What a neat place! It looks so cozy! God has blessed your family... Praising Him!
ReplyDeleteLori; I just now found this; great shots of your home; so excited for you to have this house and all settled in. Excited for you.
ReplyDeleteDad