Friday, December 31, 2010

last thoughts of 2010

As I sit here listening to Titus, (who is doing everything he can in his room to stay away so he doesn't take his last nap for 2010) I think of all the things our family has been through. All the blessings, miracles, changing of lives, healings and so many more things.

When 2010 started I was still in awe of our amazing God and how he brought Titus into our lives. As we had just celebrated our Saviors birth and were getting ready to celebrate our son's first birthday I never thought my life would be changed in the way it was. I have een challened by God's word because of our wonderful pastors and Bible studies that I was involved in at church and through my brother's accident.

This past year has brought many changes into my life. God gave me a new neice, an awesome brother-in-law and new friends. I am so blessed by all our friends that are not only friends, but brothers and sisters in Christ. I am also blessed by my wonderful church family who have shown amazing support and prayers for my family and especially for my brother durig his trials since October.

As I look back in pictures our family has enjoyed many firsts this year: first vacation as a family to NYC and Hershy, PA; first family dog, Titus's first ride in a tractor and combime with his great grandpa, Titus's first time eating corn on the cob, first birthday, first haircut, first word, first night in a big boy bed, and it continues...........

This year has also brought some sad times for our family with the loss of a great uncle who I held with much respect, loss of a good friend to cancer, and loss of a childhood neighbor who was just like a grandma to me. Even though these losses have been tough I can rest assured I will see them again one day in heaven. The biggest heartache my family has endured is my brothers accident. Even though on Oct. 12th we didn't know what God had in store for our lives and for his we knew God was taking care of him and God''s will would be done. God has given not only my brother, but me a second chance. I get the second chance of being a better sister and showing God's love to my brother and sis-in-law. God has also given our family wonderful testimony, not that we did't have one before, because even the fact that God showed grace to me a sinner who doesn't deserve his grace is a testimony of His love.


As I look forward to 2011 I am excited to see the blessings God will provide, I may not seem them at the time, but when I look back I know they will be evident. I am also thinking and praying a for what God has in store for my family and the future. Only he knows what will happe each day and only he can control it. I am so thankful as I slowly give up my life to him to know that he is the one and the only one who can be in control. God has everythig already planned out and he knows each move I will make and each time I will get upset, be happy, sad, ect. I am striving to give more and more of myself to God each year. I pray this year will be a great year and I know God will be in cotrol of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment