It has been 2 weeks since I got the call that my brother was in a high voltage accident at work. We didn't know then how bad the situation was, just knew he was being flown to Boston. My parents left that night to be with him & his wife. Things seemed to be looking up and then a couple days later we got a call that Zane had fluid on & around the lungs. This was a scary time, I knew there was nothing for me to do, but pray..so that is what I did.
I prayed alot, I started praying as soon as I got the call that Tuesday afternoon. I don't know that I have prayed this much before. I know that God hears our prayers because Zane has now had 3 sucessful skin graphing surgeries, is healing, has spoken to his wife and has communicated with her a couple times. The docs are amazed at how well he is progressing, and they say it is because he is young and strong. The real reason is that we have a wonderful Heavenly Father who is in the business of working miracles.
I got to go to Boston with in a couple days of the accident. I am so thankful for my hubby who went with me. It was a tough time and I debated about going in to see Zane. I didn't want to, I was scared. Hospitals are not my favorite place to be. The morning of Zane's 2nd skin graph surgery God gave me the strength to go in and see him for about 5 minutes. I couldn't handle being there any longer. Zane is in isolation, so we had to put on a mask, gloves, gown, and hat. I just stood there in awe of what had happened. Justin talked to him, so I did a little. I was speachless. I didn't know what to say. I told him I loved him and I knew God was going to take care of him.
I still feel that way. I know that my little brother is in God's hands and as much as I know he will be healed I also know that God's will is the most important. I have wondered often how my family is dealing so well with this situation. I know that God has given us the strength to continue in prayer and we have a hope in the Lord. Zane is in the best place he can be, God's hands.
It's hard for me sometimes going about my day as if nothing is wrong, I run my errands, clean my house, go to Bible study and take care of the little one all while my brother is laying in a hospital bed. I know this was not a suprise to God, he knew it before Zane was even born. God allows bad things to happen to good people for a number of reasons. I may never know God's reason as to why he allowed this to happen, but I do know that He works things out to glorify him. All I want to do is give God the glory for sparing Zane's life, providing healing and strength for Zane, giving the family a strength I have never known.
To God Be The Glory!!!! Thank you Lord for all you have done in my life and for the many blessings you have given my family. Thank you for the many miracles you have done in Zane's life and for the strength you have given Courtney. Thank you for providing for all the expenses of the family while we were in Boston and for Zane & Courtney. Thank you for healing of the skin graphs. Lord, I ask that you heal Zane's back, you have the power to take it and heal it with out surgery. Lord, you healed his neck and I ask that you heal his back in the same way. Lord, ultimately we want you to be glorified in this situation and you are the one in control. I can tell you my desires, but I know you have ultimate control and will do what you know is best and what will give you the most glory! Again, Thank you for each little and each big blessing you have given us. We love you. Amen
For updates on Zane check out www.projectprettyblog.com
I know what you mean. You need to feel the pain of what's happened. We have to do normal things and carry on with certain aspects of life, but that doesn't mean nothing's wrong. Certainly, a lot is wrong, but refraining from normal life won't help us heal. It's been tough for me to do, but I've started to get out of the hospital more. I also find it helps if I just take some time each day to stop doing everything & just pray. Every thing about this situation can be exhausting.. and the only way I get filled up is when I take that "time out" with God. Hang in there sister.. Zane will be back to cracking jokes about us in no time!
ReplyDelete