Friday, April 30, 2010

Vacation 2010

Our first family vacation has come and gone. We sure enjoyed the sights and sounds of NYC. It was an adventure we will never forget. NYC is full of live and energy, but after 3 days in the city we were all  ready to be back in the country. Titus enjoyed all the people and traffic. He liked watching everything.  He used his word "go" all the time. He kept wanting to go go go. :)  Who knows some day he may live in a big city.

We went to The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island,  Times Square, Central Park & the Central Park Zoo, walked down 5th Avenue, at some yummy pizza in Little Italy & rode the subway (of this I was not a fan). We stayed with some great friends in NJ who lived 2 blocks from a bus stop that took us straight into NYC. To see all the people and realize how big the city really is on just 2.5 miles of land is amazing. Some people probably thought we were crazy taking a 1 yr old on that big of a vacation, but it was really fun and I would take him again. Although I wish I was the one sitting in a stroller & being pushed everywhere. My step calculator on my cell phone noted we walked 11.5 miles in 3 days. That sure was a lot for this girl who doesn't do much walking at all.

100_0775 100_0376 100_0379 100_0397 100_0456 (2) 100_0477 100_0480 100_0504 100_0513 100_0517 100_0530 100_0534 100_0570 100_0591 100_0594 100_0609 100_0613 100_0665 100_0695 100_0709 100_0731 100_0748 100_0757 100_0763 100_0764 100_0769 100_0774

After NYC we headed to Philadelphia for a visit to the Liberty Bell and to get an original Philly Cheese steak, It was wonderful & I don't eat cheese steaks. This was a nice little stop in the day. Only about 1.5 hrs from NYC and it was a good time to get Titus out and let him run.

100_0799 100_0803 100_0817 100_0822 100_0831 100_0832 100_0834 100_0847 100_0848

After we left Philly, we headed to our hotel in Hershey, PA. This was a 2 hr drive. We stayed in Hershey for 2 days. It was relaxing and a good end to our vacation. Titus enjoyed the Chocolate Factory ride, we rode it twice & the second time he fell asleep.

100_0862 100_0866 100_0873 100_0875 100_0876 100_0884 100_0901 100_0927 100_0945 100_0959 100_0969 100_0970 100_0974 100_0983

1 comment:

  1. Lori! I'm so glad you had a good time!! Your pictures are amazing. I hope some or any of my ideas helped....it looks like you found all the great places :) Maybe NEXT time when you come back we can all get together!! I love the pic of all three of you in Times Square....and of COURSE Harry Winston ;)

    ReplyDelete