I just read a friends blog about a "mom's heart". I had my first hurt as a mom this past weekend. Starting last week Titus began to have a runny nose and I just thought it was teething. This runny nose started to include a cough. By Thursday he was coughing with a really deep cough in the chest. He was also very cuddly and just not himself.
Justin and I were going to go with the teens to a youth confrence and has decided to leave Titus with Justin's parents. So we meet his dad half way between our house and theirs. By this time Titus was feeling pretty rough. I had thought about taking him to the doc, but by the time he was feeling bad our doc was pretty booked for the day & they arn't open on Fridays. Anyway....We sent Titus on to stay with Pappaw & Grandma. I felt bad because he felt so terrible. I didn't feel right about letting him go.
Unfortunantly we had a large snow storm come in on Friday and the trip with the youth group was cancelled. So Justin and I packed up and headed to his parents. I had talked to my mom-in-law that morning and she said Titus just wasn't himself and didn't eat much the night before. I felt so bad for sending him there. I felt as if I had caused him to be sicker. This was nothing compared to what I would face on Sat.
By the time we got back home on Sat, we stayed over night because of the storm, Titus had a fever of 102 and Justin said we are taking him to the ER. I wanted him to be better, but I have a hard time with finances and was looking at how much this might cost. I know God is going to take care of all the bills and I know that Titus's life is worth more than anything.
Once in the ER we were told the doc wanted to take an x-ray of his chest, blood work and they were going to put in an IV. I couldn't believe all this was happening to my little one and all I could do was sit back and watch. It got even harder when I had to watch the nurse poke Titus 4 times before she got the IV in and it stayed. The first vein was a good one, but the nurse really messed it up. she actually blew 2 veins. It was so hard to see that little face looking up at me with the look of why are you letting this happen.
I kept thinking to myself is this how my parents felt when they had to watch me go through so much as a kid. I don't know how they did it. It is only by God's strength that I got through it. I know it was even harder on Justin, he had to hold Titus down while they poked him.
Titus is now feeling better. We were told at the ER that he had an upper respitory infection. I took him to our doc today for his 1 year check up and the doc says he feels there is something else going on in little Titus's body, there is some other bug still in there. So now Titus has 2 different antibiotics to take. He is already sick of medicine and doesn't want to take any of it. I pray he will begin to take it and know that the meds are what is making him feel better.
Please keep us in your prayers: Titus as he heals, me as I take care of Titus, and Justin as he works and is away from us.
oh i cant imagine! Praying!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm going through sickness with my 2 boys here, too. It is so hard for us moms to watch our little ones be sick. I can't imagine how bad it was at the ER. I'll be praying for you and Titus. Try and get your rest so you don't get sick, too.
ReplyDeleteApril Mendenhall
awww...that's just no fun, Lori. But you're right, God gives you the strength exactly at the moment you need it. God's blessings on your sweet family.
ReplyDelete