Tuesday, September 8, 2009

15 days and counting

       Its such a blessing to know we are counting down the days to our finalization of Titus! We are thrilled. We have never thought of Titus as not ours, but it will be nice to have it be legal and get a birth certificate and s.s. card for him. We had our final home visit last Thursday. We rejoiced with our social worker that we wouldn't see each other for a while. It was bittersweet. We have come to really like her and gotten to know her over the last 6 months.
                    The college football season is upon us. The first Ohio State game was last Saturday. Titus has an OSU jersey and dad made sure he wore it for the game! We had a wedding to attend Sat. afternoon and Titus was still sound asleep when I left. So I let him wear the jersey to the wedding. The groom is a big University of Michigan fan and a close friend, so he wasn't too thrilled to have an OSU jersey at his wedding :) Titus's jersey may become a belly shirt by the end of the season, it is already a little tight. My baby is growing up so quickly.
                       I have been enjoying all the stages of Titus so far. Today I was asked the question..What is my favorite part about being a mom? To be honest I love every part. I think my favorite part has just been that I can be home and see Titus grow up. I love spending time with him whether its feeding or just playing. I was also asked what the hardest part is? At first I wasn't really sure. I truely think the hardest part is just being at home with out help when I am tired and Titus isn't. There are days I just want to be alone and rest, but I know this is the job God has given me and I am glad to have it!
           I feel my life has become so different. I agree with the saying "Having a baby changes everything". It has, but it has changed it to be a wonderful experience.

3 comments:

  1. first off.... YEAH for finalization!!!
    secondly the pics remind me that i do miss the little guy.....but keep them coming.... he already seems so much bigger than the last time i saw him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're saying the best part about being a mom is "being home" and the hardest part about being a mom is "being home"! :) That's funny, profound, and TRUE!! :) Congratulations on the finalization of your little man! Matt and I enjoyed taking care of him the last two weeks in the nursery. He's so smiley and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 months Titus!
    I am SO excited for you, Lori, to go get his adoption finalized- woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete