Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Many Updates

I have waited way to long to blog again. I really need to start doing this more often. So much has happened in the last couple weeks and I need to blog about it when it happends so I remember it.

This past weekend Justin and I went with 19 others from the youth group to Inner City Indianapolis for a short missions trip. We left on Friday morning and returned Monday evening. Everyone in the youth did tons of work over the weekend. Justin spent time demolishing a house down to the studs. It was great that they chose a stud to do that. (cheezy I know) Anyway, he has been coughing and stuffy since we got home. I know he enjoyed tearing things down. I felt as if my job wasn't nearly as important as what everyone else was doing. All I did was make sure everyone ate. I helped cook meals. Our YP's wife helped too. You really get to know someone when you share a kitchen with them, and a bed. I really enjoyed getting to know each and every person that went a little better.

Anyway, during the trip I felt as if I wasn't helping serve God, but tonight during our youth group testimony I realized that it isn't just in the big stuff that I helped. I served God by keeping up everyone's nurishment so they could go out and serve. I remember our pastor saying one Sunday you either need to go or send when he is talking about Missions, so my job was to go & send, but mostly send. I was blessed to see how well our youth worked and how well they got along. We each grew close, some closer than others. (you know who you are)

Titus spent the weekend with my parents, they loved having him and are already asking when we are coming back to see them. I think they are missing him. When we dropped him off on Friday he had a tooth, when we picked him up on Monday he had teeth. Titus got his 2nd tooth while we were gone. I am kinda sad I missed it, but glad that my parents got to experience this with their first Grandkid!

We took Titus to the doctor for his 6 month check up yesterday. He is 18# 15oz, 27.75 inches long. He is in the 90% for height and 75% for weight. He is growing so fast. Doc said that he is a perfect baby, there is nothing he could find for us to work on. It all sounds good to me. Doc said that it was time to start baby food. YEA!!!! finally our formula bill will hopefully go down just a little.

We got an invoice from our adoption agency that told us we still owed $3500. We paid them the final payment for Titus a couple weeks ago. I called the agency and spoke with them about this problem. When our agent got to looking she realized we actually overpaid $1000. They are sending us a check for this money. I know this is a God thing because now we can pay some extra on the principle of the loan. Its amazing how God works in all situations. I saw this over and over this past weekend on the missions trip.

Praise God in the Small Stuff!

1 comment:

  1. It is no small thing to fix three meals a day for over 20 people! Preparing lunch or demolishing buildings - He is just as glorified by both, if they are done with joy. :) I'm so glad your trip was an encouragement to you and others who went - and certainly to the people in Indy. It is wonderful to see the youth group thriving and growing, not just in numbers but in spiritual depth as well. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete