Friday, July 10, 2009

MIA

Wow.. I didn't realized it had been so long since my last post. There have been so many things that have happened. Titus has taken a trip to Tennessee, rolled over, spent time with friends, learning new things every day.

One week ago Justin's parents came over to see Titus for a couple hours. They tend to miss him and want to see him anytime they can. Anyway, while they were here, Justin came home from work for a couple hours to visit with them. We had Titus laying on the floor, he has been rolling over to his side for a while, but just couldn't get all the way over. He finally did it!! It was wonderful that his grandparents & daddy got to see one of his milestones. I was such a proud momma. Now I can't keep him on his back. As soon as I lay him down he rolls over to his tummy. He then gets stuck there, but he will play for a little while.

On the 4th of July Justin took Titus and I down to my parents @ 5am. We were heading to Tennessee for the weekend to visit with my mom's family. They always have a 4th of July party with fireworks and all. Justin unfortunantly had to work, but I was glad Titus and I could make the trip. He did quite well for us on the way down, it only took 6 hours and the traffic was really light. We got there a little after 12pm. Titus and I went for a swim, he loved the water!! His buddy Dan & Aunt Kelly helped take care of him in the water. He just laughed. As soon as I put him in his floaty he started making a fish face. It was cute!

Titus didn't seem bothered by the fireworks. His Aunt Christi held him the entire time and from what I could see he enjoyed the colors. I didn't hear him cry and I was right behind them. My cousin did a really good job with the private fireworks show.

Sunday morning we all got up and ate a Tennessee breakfast which consisted of...Scrambled eggs, Waffles, Buscut and Gravy, Bacon, Sausage, OJ, Milk, Jelly, and a Happy Birthday song to my youngest sister who turned 20. Happy Birthday Kelly!!! boy do I feel older :)

Our trip home took a little longer. First we stopped by my mom's brothers house to see their new addition they put on the house. It is really nice, except the University of Tennessee room & bath, all that Orange & White...WOW ;) Being a Buckeye fan I have to say something about that room. Next we stopped by to see an uncle of my mom's who has never met Titus and always took an interest in our family. He really seemed to enjoy Titus when he started giggling. My mom put Titus up to my Uncle Sam and Titus grabbed a hold of my uncle's finger. It went like this.... Uncle Sam "Man he has a good strong grip", Titus "giggle, giggle" Uncle Sam "deep laugh" I don't know that I have ever seen or heard my uncle smile and laugh like that. It was so nice to see him laugh!

Our road trip home from my Uncle Sam's consisted of a couple stops, some for us, some for Titus. Traffic jams (holiday traffic.. UGH) and finally.. got home at 10pm. Titus really got tired on the way home. He didn't sleep very much and was tired of sitting in his car seat.

He was very happy to see Daddy when we got home & I think he enjoyed his bed as much as I enjoyed sleeping in mine. It was a quick trip, but I enjoyed it and was glad I was able to see some of my cousins that I haven't seen in a long time. It is always good to visit with them.

I will post pictures of our swimming adventure and all the fun we had as soon as I get them on the computer. My days tend to be slipping by and sometimes they are gone before I even realize I didn't get much done. AHHH the life with a baby ;) I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment