Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day

It's that time of year again. A time a use to dread. I didn't like Mother's Day. It was hard because I didn't have any kids and didn't know when we would have a baby. I would stay home from church, spend time with just my hubby and not do too much on this special day. I always gave my mom, mother-in-law, and grandma a card. I never wanted to do anything and wanted to sleep this day away.

I remember my last Mother's Day, I told God I didn't want to go through another year with out a child. Little did I know He already had my baby picked out. He knew where little Titus was and knew that I would be a mom within a year.

This year, I don't know if it has really set in that tomorrow is Mother's day or not. I don't feel like it is different than any other day, but I guess that is because the day is not here. Justin asked me what I wanted for a 1st time mother's day gift. I told him that having Titus was all I needed. Titus is what I told God I wanted, so I am happy.

I have had a busy week. I went back to substitute teaching on Wed. It wasn't as great as I remember. I did miss being at home and spending time with my boys. Since Justin was off, he took care of Titus for the day. They were both in one piece when I got home, so as far as I know everything went fine.

Then I subbed again on Thursday, this class was pretty fun. Although I drove to the school (about 20 minutes) to find out there was a 2 hour delay because of fog... UGH! I came back home for an hour then went back to school. The day went much quicker. Titus spend the day at a friends. I am so greatful for all the help I get from our friends. I don't know what I would do with out my wonderful family and friends.

Yesterday, Justin worked his 24 hours. We did well.. I was worn out from teaching the last 2 days. Titus began to get fussy and start crying about 2. So I put him down for a nap then when he woke up we went to grandma's...so thankful we live really close to my parents. My family never minds seeing him. I took him to my grandparents for a couple hours too. They complain cuz they don't get to see him as often. I know I need to make it down there more. They only live 2 min. from my parents.....there is no excuse.

Titus has been sleeping through the night. He woke up last night for a little bit. When I went back to check on him, he was freezing.. I forgot to turn on his little heater to keep his room warm. I felt so bad. I grabbed a blanket then I rocked and sang to him until he fell asleep. It was so cute, he was almost, if not asleep, and he started singing with me. He just made the cutest noise. The more I sang, the more he sang along.

Before I sign off I want to make mention that a blog I follow is giving away a prize for her 100th post.. she has somethings from pottery barn and bath & body works. Take some time to stop by to say hi and enter the drawing. www.weddedwhims.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mothers Day! I agree with you about the gift thing - just being blessed with a child / children is more than gift enough. I trust your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete