Tuesday, June 3, 2008

updates

Here are a few updates on our process. We have been working on these crazy questions that have to be written out for the homestudy. We found out the homestudy will be like 40 pages of stuff for the birth parents to read. It's like a book telling all about our lives and how we cope with different things. We are answering these questions the best we can, but some of them are repetitive and sound exactly the same as others. Its hard not to write the same thing. There are also questions that I have not experienced yet. To those I just write whatever I can think of as the best answer.

We have our second and last house visit tomorrow, 6/4. This will be the safety audit. This will tell us if our house is safe enough to have a child living in it. Some of the safety things are nuts, but I am sure someone has done it in the past & has hurt a child that is why it is on the list. We had our fire inspection and everything went well there. Of course it had better since Justin is a firefighter :) I am so tired of all the inspections that need to be done. There are sooooo many!!

I am going to start working on our picture profile books for the birth parents in the next couple days. Probably Thursday since our visit is tom. I need to make sure the house is clean and presentable. Not that it normally isn't, but I want it to be better than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment